Back to life suggestions

Looking for help with a mechanical problem? This is the place to find help!

Moderator: KevinB

Back to life suggestions

Postby RjInNWFL » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:22 am

My poor Bella has been neglected. I parked it over a year ago when I had a brake fluid issue. Total loss of fluid, not sure yet where the problem is. Also picked up a 1980 MGB since then so been preoccupied. Now I need to revitalize my Italian love.

Suggestions for bringing her back to life? I need to recharge the battery, drain and refill the gas tank, change out the oil, probably use starter fluid in carb to get her to fire. Any other suggestions prior to this weekends labor of love? Once I get her running again I will tackle the brake issue.

great to be back,
Rj
RjInNWFL

Re: Back to life suggestions

Postby daled » Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:08 pm

if you have had a total loss of fluid, and have let the car sit for a year, you will most likely have a rust issue in the entire brake system. this may mean all new wheel cylinders and a new master. Hopefully you are located in a dry climate !

as for the restart, i like to clead the head around the spark plug holes and the remove them.
squirt a little cylinder oil down into each cylinder. then crank the motor over until the the oil guage reads pressure.
Then return the plugs (and wires) and go for ignition...

good luck with the MG and the fiat.
71' 850 with (1.8L)
58? abarth 750
81' 124 (3.0L)
daled

Re: Back to life suggestions

Postby Jonyhua » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:09 am

When you are not sure the problems, you'd better to ask for repairer. Wish your problems will be solved quickly.
Jonyhua

Return to How-To