OFC/ARCC/ICD Calendar of Events for 2016 ...Save the dates!

Discussions about events around the US and aboard.

Moderator: KevinB

OFC/ARCC/ICD Calendar of Events for 2016 ...Save the dates!

Postby lvanbelkom » Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:21 pm

OFC ARCC ICD 2016 Shedule.jpg
OFC/ARCC/ICD 2016 Calendar of Events
HEADS UP!...SAVE THE DATES!

Hello my fellow Fiat & Italian car enthusiasts,
As you may be aware from last year, the Toronto, Montreal and Ottawa area Italian car clubs have united again this year to bring all Italian car enthusiasts together for 14 exciting events in 2016. The Ontario Fiat Club, the Alfa Romeo Club of Canada (Toronto Chapter) and the Italian Car Day team, have worked with our Montreal and Ottawa counterparts over the winter to put together some fantastic major events for 2016. In fact, we have joined forces with Amici Canada http://www.amicicanada.com, which is an umbrella organisation that has worked to united all the Italian Car Clubs in Canada. Again for 2016, the three cities (Toronto, Montreal and Ottawa) will schedule there local events as well as providing one major event that will bring all the clubs together in each city. We are calling them the "Four Majors". On the event schedule, these four major events are highlighted in green. Please check out the attached calendar of events. We welcome all Italian car enthusiasts to come out to our events and enjoy. Also, of note ... the Ontario Fiat Club was added as a FCA Regional Contact in 2015 and we promote FCA on our web-site as a partner and friend club. Many of our members will be going to "FreakOut 2016". Look out for their OFC window stickers.

For more information regarding these and all the Toronto events scheduled for 2016, please visit us at:
http://www.ontariofiatclub.com
http://www.Facebook.com/ontariofiatclub
http://www.italiancarday.com
The Italian Car Day site is an interactive site, after joining the site you can create your profile including photos of your cars, RSVP your attendance to events and start conversation about each the events.

Come on out! We look forward to seeing you!
FCA - Ontario Regional Contact
Ontario Fiat Club
-------------
1982 Fiat Spider 2000
1975 Fiat 128 Sport Coupe (Previous Life)
lvanbelkom

Re: OFC/ARCC/ICD Calendar of Events for 2016 ...Save the dat

Postby Turbo » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:44 pm

You claim your a regional contact for FCA ? I don't see that anywhere on this website !
Why do you post on this website ? You do not participate in FCA meets or events do you really think members would participate in any of your events .
Turbo

Postby Nick Puopolo » Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:56 pm

Wow Turbo, I find your response interesting.

We are a group of Italian car clubs from Toronto, Montreal and Ottawa working together to unite all the members.
All the car clubs work well together because there is NO politics, we all have the same goal.
Our mission is to schedule events and bring together all the Italian car enthusiasts from the three cities.
We share the love of our beloved Italian cars and enjoy the friendships we make with the other members.

Some of these Italian car enthusiasts are also FCA members but have been discouraged and frustrated due to all the politics and negative attitude, your response just reinforces their opinion.

The Toronto group provided 14 spectacular events last year and raised thousands of dollars for local charities in our community, something the FCA Toronto chapter has not been able to do in the 15 plus years of their existence.
We have scheduled 14 more events this year and continuing our fundraising for local charities like Safehaven, Sick Kids Hospital and Million Dollar Smiles.

If not for the politics, you would think the FCA would love to be associated with their own members and clubs that have been able to achieve this level of success in just two years.
Nick Puopolo

Postby lvanbelkom » Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:26 pm

Hi everyone,
Further to our original calendar of events post, our Facebook page has been up-dated with all the events listed.
Click on... https://www.facebook.com/ontariofiatclub/events .. to get further details.
The O.F.C. web-site will also be up dated shortly.

Like Us on http://www.Facebook.com/ontariofiatclub

Join Us at http://www.ontariofiatclub.com

Best regards from your fellow Fiat enthusiasts!
Ontario Fiat Club
-------------
1982 Fiat Spider 2000
lvanbelkom

Postby fiatnut » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:11 pm

As contact for the Toronto chapter and a BOD, I can confirm that these clubs have no affiliation whatsoever with FCA .
Last edited by fiatnut on Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fiatnut

Postby Nick Puopolo » Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:28 am

fiatnut wrote:As contact for the Toronto chapter and a BOD, I can confirm that these individuals have no affiliation whatsoever with FCA .

Jerry, this is an outright lie, the people involved are members of the FCA.
I am a member of the Toronto chapter and have tried to include you in these events with NO success.

You have been successfully sued in the past for lying and slander. You were NOT voted in to the BOD by the FCA members, you were handed the position.
This is exactly the type of politics and negative attitude that are driving members away from the FCA.

This group got together because the Toronto chapter was not providing new and exciting events and did not include all the other Italian car clubs in Toronto, Montreal and Ottawa.
This group gives back to the community by raising money for local charities.

This group provided 14 spectacular events last year and raised thousands of dollars for charity.
This group has scheduled 14 more events this year and continuing their fundraising for local charities like Safehaven, Sick Kids Hospital and Million Dollar Smiles.

The Toronto chapter, with you as there contacted person for the past 15 years, have not been able to do achieve the success this group has had in just two years.
Nick Puopolo

Postby Turbo » Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:26 pm

Hmm, no politics??
You must be the most controversial person around, you have sued or attempted to sue everyone you encounter.
This is why the club wants nothing to do with you, all I see is negative remarks from you.

You have neve attended an event since I joined th toronto chapter!

Stop posting here if your not happy!
Turbo

Postby lvanbelkom » Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:43 pm

Hi fiatnut and turbo,
You are the guys creating the politics.
We at OFC, with our partner clubs (which includes FCA) are quietly growing the Fiat and Italian car enthusiast movement in Ontario and the GTA. Our partner clubs now extend to Ottawa and Montreal, under the AMiCi umbrella. Something the Toronto chapter has not been able to do in years. It's also telling that these other clubs aren't partnering with you. I challenge you to come out to one of our events and see the quality and level of organization of the events...not to mention the quality of our web sites and Facebook pages. Stop with the which club is with what club. For the greater good...let it go already! Join the movement! Get on the train or it will pass you bye!

Best regards to all my fellow fiat and Italian car enthusiasts!
L van Belkom
Ontario Fiat Club
Like Us @ Facebook.com/ontariofiatclub
Join Us @ http://www.ontariofiatclub.com
Ontario Fiat Club
-------------
1982 Fiat Spider 2000
lvanbelkom

Postby Turbo » Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:08 pm

None of the Toronto chapter members would ever come out to any events that were not affiliated with FCA,me personally you couldn't pay me to attend.
Turbo

The Last Word!

Postby lvanbelkom » Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:07 pm

Hello my fellow FCA Fiat and Italian car enthusiasts in the GTA and Ontario...I'd like to set the record straight!

The FCA Toronto Chapter is made up of a very small click of individuals, who have no club or chapter structure, whatsoever, no committee, no web-site, no Facebook page and with few to no quality organized events. Most all of these individuals, who participate in these few events haven't paid FCA membership dues in years! They just show up and the chapter leader likes to call them Toronto FCA members. There not. Myself, Nick (of Italian Car Day) and several others within the Ontario Fiat Club are actually fully paid up FCA members and WE are the ones working to grow the movement here. Just look at the number and the quality of events we have planned for this year. We have reached out to the other clubs in Montreal and Ottawa and have created a fabulous number of events in this region of Canada, for the Italian car collector movement. The FCA Toronto Chapter has a record of not engaging new fellow enthusiasts (just remaining within their small Woodbridge area click) and a past record of not working with truly and fully paid up FCA members, such as myself and Nick. Do you really thing I wanted to start a new club? (I really didn't need the extra work...trust me) When I joined FCA, several years ago, I really wanted to work with the Toronto Chapter and grow it into a real club chapter, that we could be proud of. I had resources to offer, with my background in sales & marketing, but the current leader runs it like his own little fiefdom. So, out of shire frustration, myself and other full dues paying FCA members started the Ontario Fiat Club. Contrary to what the chapter leader and one malcontent says, board member (and VP) Thad Kirk set the Ontario Fiat Club up as a Regional Contact last year. I have never received any official word from FCA to the contrary.

What you should know 'About Us" (as appears on our web-site)

The Ontario FIAT Club is new, founded in the summer of 2014 by a group of core FIAT enthusiast. Since then we have quickly grown to become the largest and most active FIAT club in Ontario. We are a premier non-profit, volunteer club of FIAT owners and fellow Italian car enthusiasts. We are a dedicated community, united by a common interest in FIATs and all its related Italian automobiles, vintage and new. Our objective is simple, provide a place for like minded people to enjoy and share experiences of driving, getting together and owning FIAT based Italian autos, with a full complement of activities and events. Our strength lies within our membership, which is open to anyone interested in the FIAT marquee and its related Italian autos and our ability to partner with fellow, like minded clubs and groups. We reach out to other like minded FIAT and Italian car clubs to build mutual relationships and events.

I hope this will shed some light on the situation and that FCA (and the Toronto Chapter) will realize that, we are not the enemy...we want to work with FCA to grow the movement in Toronto, Ontario and the Ottawa & Montreal regions. We at the Ontario Fiat Club look forward to engaging all FCA members at our events this coming season.
Please come out and give us a try! You will not be disappointed!

Visit us at http://www.ontariofiatclub.com

Like Us at http://www.Facebook.com/ontariofiatclub

My best regards to my fellow Fiat enthusiast and Italian Car lovers!
Ontario Fiat Club
-------------
1982 Fiat Spider 2000
lvanbelkom

Postby Turbo » Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:51 pm

You claim your willing to work with FCA Toronto chapter ? Yet you post typically a carbon copy of events that the Chapter has had in place for many years? If you are not happy with FCA then move on !
I joined FCA to share the car interests with others who have similar ones which I found with the Toronto chapter .
No one has ever sued or tried to force anyone else into doing something they did not want to take part in.

If your happy then move on and leave this Chapter I trully believe it's for the better ,since your departure their hasn't been any animosity what so ever.
Everyone knows how to get in touch with you should they want to .as mentioned previously none of the Toronto chaoter members want anything to do with your group and since their isn't any afiliation with your club and FCA please stop posting on this club website,thanks .
Turbo

Postby lvanbelkom » Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:06 pm

Hello my fellow FCA Fiat and Italian car enthusiasts in the GTA and Ontario...

I don't want to get into a childish back and forth with the phantom Mr. "Turbo". It's not worth the time and effort and I agree with FCA policy that this is not place for it. (However, I have to say...who made him an FCA official after only being with the club 7 months and so political in that short span of time. What is his problem?)

I will continue, hopefully with FCA's blessing (and until I receive official word) to talk to you about all the good things we are doing in the GTA & Ontario, which has been posted here and on our web-site and Facebook page. Let's see who is able to grow and give the Fiat and Italian car enthusiasts a great local club chapter experience. We are fully committed to being a partner with FCA.

Check out our events and what we've done to-date!

http://www.Facebook.com/ontariofiatclub
http://www.ontariofiatclub.com ...and while your there, check out our partner clubs!
and feel free to send us an e-mail and express your support at ontariofiatclub@gmail.com

Best regards,
Lou van Belkom
Ontario Fiat Club
-------------
1982 Fiat Spider 2000
lvanbelkom

Return to Events