2014 Holiday Dinner (Toronto chapter)

Discussions about events around the US and aboard.

Moderator: KevinB

2014 Holiday Dinner (Toronto chapter)

Postby fiatnut » Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:26 pm

Hello
Come celebrate an outstanding season. The 2014 Holiday Dinner will be held on: Thursday , December 4th, 2014 at 6:30 pm

Please meet us at:
•Desserts Plus
Directionshttps://maps.google.ca/maps?i ... JQBEPwSMAo
••Address: 8611 Weston Rd, Vaughan, ON L4L 9R4
Phone:(905) 265-1090
https://www.facebook.com/realitalianfoo ... 8024578055

Our spot is reserved under the Toronto fiat Club" in the Private Room, upper level.The cost for a fulfilling dinner is $50.00 pp (includes wine, taxes and gratuity). RSVP torontofiatclub@yahoo.com ,Please indicate no. of people attending. Space is limited
, so RSVP to avoid disappointment. Thank you.Hope to see you Salute
Jerry Cucchiara
Toronto Chapter Contact
fiatnut

Re: 2014 Holiday Dinner (Toronto chapter)

Postby lvanbelkom » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:00 pm

Hi Jerry,
Again this year you didn't send an e-mail invite to the paid up FCA members. Glad I was able to catch the invite on the FCA site in time. As lead for FCA in the Toronto area you should learn to broaden your member base and appeal (and be inclusive of all the paid up FCA members), not just the ones you choose to invite. Many of which, I'd like to point out are not paid up FCA members and haven't paid in years. You should be actively embracing new members and Italian car events, for that matter to grow the chapter.

In any case, I'll pass the word on to the other paid up FCA members you missed.

See you there.

Regards,

Lou
FCA - Ontario Regional Contact
Ontario Fiat Club
-------------
1982 Fiat Spider 2000
1975 Fiat 128 Sport Coupe (Previous Life)
lvanbelkom

Postby fiatnut » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:35 pm

Lou my apologies I have an issue with emails bouncing that you are properly aready aware of nevertheless its posted here for that reason to inform everyone who are interested in participating .Lou its nice to hear your attending finding time in your busy schedule since you are listed as the contact person trying to start up another Fiat club ? I really wonder of your intregrity and devotion to FCA since you have NOT attended a singal Toronto chapter event in years. How you advertise and try to have FCA members join your club and trash talk ( remember when I had my back to you ?) about events that the Toronto chapter have at our weekly meets ?

Regards Jerry
fiatnut

Postby Nick Puopolo » Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:50 pm

Lou, I as well as other members did not receive this correspondence from Jerry. I was sent it by several NON members on Jerry’s e-mail list.

This was Jerry’s response regarding the 2013 holiday get together when members complained about not receiving the correspondence.

Re: Toronto chapter 2013 events
by fiatnut » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:55 am
“Sorry to those who did not receive an email in regards to the holiday get together I have been having trouble with the mass emails going out. You can always check here on the website all events are always posted.”

Funny how NON members receive the e-mails with no issue.

It is apparent that anyone questioning Jerry’s so called “authority” as the chapter contact person is removed from the correspondence list.
Regardless of what a member does with his personal time or what other car clubs he belongs to, as a member of the FCA we should all be treated equally.

This conduct is un-professional for a chapter contact person and now a member of the board.

As for the comment
“How you advertise and try to have FCA members join your club and trash talk (remember when I had my back to you?) “
I was present with other members when Jerry came up to you. You were not trash talking anyone! Jerry come up to you like he was ready to pick a fight. He was not the subject of the conversation and the people involved were confused regarding his behaver.

As for Lou and other members not attending events this year, there was NO yearly event schedule posted for 2014, and if you’re not sent the correspondence, well it’s obvious you’re not invited and welcome to attend.
We all get the massage !
Nick Puopolo

Postby fiatnut » Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:42 pm

We have reached the maximum seat capacity for the holiday dinner unfortunately :(
fiatnut

Postby Nick Puopolo » Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:39 am

Members that did not receive Jerry’s correspondence because they have been placed on to his black listed, have RSVP.
Now there being told:

“We have reached the maximum seat capacity for the holiday dinner unfortunately “

They are being denied entry regardless of the fact Jerry indicated “Members have priority”. I know of 15- 20 people which are not members that are attending, so much for Members having priority
The owners of Desserts Plus have also indicated there are no issues with the space involved. They do not understand why jerry has indicated “reached the maximum seat capacity”

So Jerry if the owners are indicting there is plenty of space, why are you denying members from attend.
Nick Puopolo

Postby lvanbelkom » Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:43 pm

Hi All,

I concur with everything Nick is saying, my fellow FCA member. Just to give you some back round. I joined FCA, (FLU at the time) about 2 1/2 - 3 years ago and was very excited to get involved. But I soon found out there really is no club in Toronto, just a chapter, with one guy who runs it like a private club. There is no committee and he's not open to any help or volunteers, which I did do. (By contrast, I was welcomed with open arms by the FCA members who created Italian Car Day. What a great event for any Fiat or Italian car enthusiast....why wouldn't a Fiat club, not only participate, but embrace such a local event. Use the opportunity to recruit new members. ICD even makes sure the event doesn't conflict with the FCA Freakout.) The Toronto chapter has no club logo, no web-site, no Facebook page, no organization and no regular schedule of events. Most of the events that are purported to be club events are actually put on by other people and other clubs and claimed to be 'Toronto Fiat Club chapter events. Actually, anyone with an Italian car just goes to these events...which is fine. Very few, if any actual events come from the club itself and if there is one, you may or may not get an invite....and I won't get into how poorly they are organized. (The one drive I went on, I got left behind and basically drove the whole route alone.) I organized and executed an event this late summer (Rattlesnake Run) in collaboration with FCA members and the Toronto ALFA club. It was a huge success. We had over 30 cars and 40 people. From what the participants told me it was well run and well organized...with the basics...maps, route directions, a goodie bag, a lunch stop and an end point. This lack or level of organization, among other things, has admittedly got some FCA members banding together to start a new club. One that is inclusive of all Fiat and Italian car enthusiasts.

So.... having said all that, hopefully myself and the other FCA members will be able to attend this 'Fiat Chapter' Christmas dinner.
Either way, stay tuned for a great schedule of events in 2015 coming from your 'other' FCA members in the Greater Toronto area.
Best Regards,
L van Belkom
FCA - Ontario Regional Contact
Ontario Fiat Club
-------------
1982 Fiat Spider 2000
1975 Fiat 128 Sport Coupe (Previous Life)
lvanbelkom

Postby fiatnut » Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:54 pm

its sad how these 2 individuals continue to bring so much negativity even on postings for a holiday get together .They have not attended any functions in years but ready to comment on our functions.
fiatnut

Postby Nick Puopolo » Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:03 pm

WOW it’s true, dictators just don’t think there ever doing anything wrong.
Black listing members ( many more than two) that question his authority by pointing out he’s not following any of the FCA chapter guidelines, not sending member’s correspondence regarding events (because he does not want them there to influence the other members regarding FCA rules and guidelines) and then indicating those members don’t attend events.

With members sending correspondence to the board regarding his total disregard of the chapter guideline for more than 4 years and unprofessional behaver, instead of reprimanding him they appoint him (not elected) to the board.

It’s no wonder he thinks the rules don’t apply to him.
Nick Puopolo

Postby fiatnut » Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:47 pm

I find it ironic how these 2 individuals continue to suggest that Members are being excluded from events they were told when the emails were first noted not going through to everyone that every event held by the Toronto chapter will be posted (as well as 2 other sites) on this site for everyone who wants to participate . Dont you think if anyone was to be excluded I wouldn't post anything on this or any site for that matter? They have posted their animosity here but still continue to say they were not invited ? I also print out (all out of pocket expense to myself) hard copies and distribute to those who are not computer savvy. I have been apart of this club for well over 20 years I'm driven by passion of the Fiat brand of automobiles.In those 20 plus years I have seen unfortunate premature deaths but also some lifetime memories and relationships with people visiting each other and going on holidays together.The common denominator is the same passion for Fiat.I suggest we work on bettering the chapter rather than looking for trivial things to complain about!
fiatnut

Postby Nick Puopolo » Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:03 pm

Jerry

This is what you’re calling trivial:

Treating every member equally and with respect.
We have all seen plenty of examples of this mistreatment.
Only handing the information out to the people you like, regardless of there membership status.
Posting the information on to the FCA web site, knowing member do not go onto the site on a regular bases. Then only sending the e-mail correspondence to the people you like,regardless of there membership status. If you’re not excluding members (black listing them), why is it always the same members not receiving the information, while all the same non-members are receiving them? You have never directly answered that question.

This is what you’re calling trivial:

Following the FCA chapter guidelines, which you have been advised to do so for over 4 years and continually refused.

In November 2010 one of the Toronto members sent an e-mail to John Montgomery, the president of the FCA (FLU at the time) regarding you’re refusal to follow guideline and if this was a requirement for each chapter. John Montgomery’s response was:

“They, (the guidelines) are not just suggestions, but are the ground rules for operation. There has to be a Chapter President, a leader who can and should be elected by the specific Chapter membership, not appointed by me or the FLU Board. That is only right and settles any kind of rivalry or power struggle. There is also a need for a separate person(s) needed to be a Treasurer/Secretary. Again, we did this for the security of the Chapter and the security of the club chapter finances. The President should not be in a position where he also has to handle the money. It's a time tested premise and excellent check system since often Chapter dues and fees are somewhat nominal but mostly incoming cash. Members can have confidence in not only the integrity of the President but the integrity of the finances when you have at least two people involved. Other important guidelines that must be followed include an active website and newsletter each containing planned chapter and regional events of interest. The key cornerstone here is securing the assets with someone whose trust is beyond question and perhaps is out of the current spotlight. There are plenty of wonderful members in the Toronto chapter who can be that person. They should be elected along with an election for the leadership post.
There should be a nomination process to see who will step forward. If you guys want to do an electronic voting ballot via the flu.org website we can put that together. “

A copy of this was sent to you in November 2010. Your response was “As for your question on the flu guidelines ever since l have been a member 1989( wny chapter ) all chapters have had a contact person not a president. Therefore there is no need for an election. Since none of the chapters have any revenue there's never been a need for a treasurer. If you have any more questions, amendments concerning flu guidelines please direct them to John Montgomery the club president”.

You may think the chapter guidelines are trivial, but it doesn’t sound like John Montgomery does. “They, (the guidelines) are not just suggestions, but are the ground rules for operation”

Having a passion for Italian automobiles (not just for Fiats as you indicated) and trying to improve the chapter is what got some of the members blacklisted in the first place.

Just because you have been doing something for 20 years, doesn’t necessarily mean you have been doing it correctly.
The sooner you realise this, the better the chapter will become.
Nick Puopolo

Postby fiatnut » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:30 am

please remember cash ($50.00 per person) is required for the holiday dinner as you enter to fulfill contractual obligations with the banquet hall.Looking forward to seeing you at our get together.If you are unable to attend anymore-please notify me ASAP as there are others on the waiting list wishing to attend. Jerry chapter contact 416 857-2438.
fiatnut

Postby fiatnut » Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:47 pm

reminder tomorrow night is our holiday together those who have confirmed their presence see you at 6.30 pm
fiatnut

Return to Events