New floormats

Come here to talk about the new 500 !
Denise

New floormats

Post by Denise » Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:22 am

I got a pleasant surprise last week. I found out a Fiat dealership has opened in Winston-Salem so I decided to let them check out my Spider as a courtesy. After they were properly wowed, I ordered a new set of floormats for my Prima. The originals, with their red stitching, are stored away and I wanted a set that fit the car. I got them yesterday and I gotta say, not only are they quality made, but they are probably better than the originals and they came with rear mats too! Simply awesome. :D

rpconlon

Post by rpconlon » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:49 am

I gave the keys to my Spider to the Fiat of Edmond team to test an old Fiat. This was the best of ice-breakers and, in return, they offered me a new 500 for our Fall Run.
My car is not as pretty as others but it does run well and it impressed them. I also drove a member of their team back to Norman (30 miles) and again the car performed perfectly. I suggested that they get a Spider and learn how to repair it since we have no professional Fiat mechanics in the state. I doubt this will happen.

It is tempting to get a 500 but then my relationship with the Spider would surely suffer. Our house is getting a lot of work and I vacated the garage for this. It means I drive the Spider to work and am enjoying it. I usually walk.
Ron
Ron Conlon
2016 Fiat 500 Sport
Ottawa, Ontario
Canada

sjmst2

Post by sjmst2 » Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:54 am

That's a great idea, Denise, I want to do the same. Very nice!
Sam G.
FLU Board Member
Long Island, NY
1981 Fiat Spider
2012 Fiat 500

F500

Post by F500 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:25 am

Denise, you're right. I think the "accessory" mats are MUCH nicer than the ones that come with the car AND you get a pair of REAR mats in the set too.

I'm just waiting for WeatherTech to come out with their Floor Liners for the 500. they should be ready either next month or the first of the year. for now, I have a cheap Wally World rubber mat over my OE mats to protect them but I want something that will protect all of the floor come winter.

had the WeatherTech Floor Liners in my Charger and we have them in my wifes Prius. we love them!
Verde Chiaro 500 Sport w/6sp, C&C Pkg, TomTom Nav, OE Door Sill Plates and Chrome Gas Cap, Dark Tint and Lounge Leather Shift Knob.

wildman

Re: New floormats

Post by wildman » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:46 pm

Weathertech never even returned my call. Done deal I bought a set of berber mats and stored away my originals.. Ill never buy the Weathertech product now. Done with them.