New 500 email list

Come here to talk about the new 500 !
bcripe

New 500 email list

Post by bcripe » Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:26 pm

I want to invite anyone living in the greater Seattle-Tacoma-Olympia area to join a local email list:

http://www.fiatnorthwest.org/email.html

Click on the 'New 500' link to access it.

The intent is to provide a venue for local owners to share information of local interest.

We intend to hold tech sessions and other events at the two nearby dealers and wish to invite everyone to participate.

Also, if there are FLU members lurking in my area, I would be interested in discussing a possible FLU chapter here.

Thanks

Bert
PE #480
FLU member

F500

Post by F500 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:00 pm

Bert....did you get a good response for your email list? I'm considering doing the same thing here in Indiana to get an owner base and see if there is enough interest to start a separate chapter of FLU for 500's.

pls let me know. I'll also email you. :)

thanks,

Kevin
Verde Chiaro 500 Sport w/6sp, C&C Pkg, TomTom Nav, OE Door Sill Plates and Chrome Gas Cap, Dark Tint and Lounge Leather Shift Knob.

bcripe

500 email list...

Post by bcripe » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:31 pm

Hi Kevin:

The short answer is no...! We have nine on the email list at this time.

Seems folks up here in the far northwest of this land of ours are not too good at joining and doing. I should never have left the Bay Area, more events and enthusiastic car nuts there than you can deal with! Does my displeasure show?

We held an 'open house' at the Tacoma Studio, two couples who bought cars showed up...that was a month ago and no further contact from them at this time.

We had 11x17 inch posters in four places at the Studio, a notice on our website, and two weeks of advance notice.

What makes me upset is this trend carries over to our club, which has 59 members. Seems no one is very keen to do more that come to meetings, eat Italian food, and bs. I hosted a tour in August and no one from the club showed up, only 2 people from two other clubs participated-I was embarrassed!

Sorry for whinning...

I suspect you will have more luck in your area, I know the car scene is more active and events more appreciated there. Keep at it!

Thanks for asking!

Bert Cripe
PE#480
FLU member
President
Fiat Enthusiasts (only when there is nothing better to do!) Northwest

rpconlon

Post by rpconlon » Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:08 pm

Bert:
Don't get discouraged. You have 9 on a list and that is good. If more than 3 actually get active in Club events then you have a core from which to build. I bet the Bay group was not built quickly and better to choose for quality of members than quantitiy.
Here in OK, we have a lot of new 500's being sold but only one or two show interest in the Fiat club and they likely already have had some experience with the car hobby. I am good with this and rather have come to expect it. I just bought a new Hyundai and have not joined a Hyundai owners club.

Cheers
Ron
Ron Conlon
2016 Fiat 500 Sport
Ottawa, Ontario
Canada

rrshadow2

Post by rrshadow2 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:39 pm

I've been a member of the Seattle Area Mini Owners Association since I was about 14-15 and I'm now 47 and there's always seemed like a core group of die hards who always show up at meetings and events and everyone else seems to be a lot more casual about participating, I also belong to the local chapter of the Rolls Royce club, Same Deal! and Bentcarguys which is a group of gay car enthusiasts, and it's the same story on all of them you get one or two guys who seem to run the whole show, a small core group of dedicated followers who you see at everything. It seems to be like a soap opera, you could not go for 3 or 4 years, return and you'd seem the same faces you saw the last time you were there