Would FLU Like to Boost their 500 Owners Membership Numbers?

Come here to talk about the new 500 !
F500

Would FLU Like to Boost their 500 Owners Membership Numbers?

Post by F500 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:12 pm

how about working with the FIAT Studios in the U.S. and offer a discount on the first year of FLU membership?

our FIAT Studio, O'Brien FIAT in Greenwood Indiana, seems to be selling quite a few new 500's but our local FLU Chapter (CIICA) has only ONE active 500 owner member....ME. I would like to see more new 500s in hopes that we might start our own 'sub-Chapter' of CIICA.

our local Club had their season-ending event, The Fall Ride to Brown Co, this past Saturday and it was a huge success. while we only had our 1 500 Sport, along with an Alfa and several 124's and a few others.

we would really like to build our 500 Club membership. any suggestions from the 'Powers that be'? LOL
Verde Chiaro 500 Sport w/6sp, C&C Pkg, TomTom Nav, OE Door Sill Plates and Chrome Gas Cap, Dark Tint and Lounge Leather Shift Knob.

rpconlon

Post by rpconlon » Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:48 pm

I offered our first Roamin ' Chariots FLU member with a new 500 a special position in the club to make sure these members are represented. I don't expect a lot of new car owners are going to be interested in any car club but do welcome them. Our local dealer is also on our mailing list and they have offered me a 500 to take to our Fall Run to show.
Cheers
Ron
Ron Conlon
2016 Fiat 500 Sport
Ottawa, Ontario
Canada

grittracing

Post by grittracing » Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:32 pm

I have thought since hearing fiat was coming back to the states FLU should offer the new owners. 1st year membership free. I dont think it will cost them anything. This will help few ways.

1. The 2 nd year they should get 2 - 5 new owners to re-join.

2. Also it may bring the membership up enough for new members to want to start new clubs in their own area. ( may not happen in the 1st year to 5 years. But if we think long term for the club. I think it would be very beneficial.)

3.with in 5 years the club should have at least a 20% increase in membership. Hopefully more. But i am being realistic..

4. For the ones that do not re-join right away. They would be on our mailing list. And they will show up to events from time to time. And the bug would catch them. I would say with in 5 years at least Half would re join or at least attend 3 events in their area per year. And at least one freakout with in 5 years.
1980 Fiat spider
1966 ford f-100

Thad
FLU Board of Directors

Post by Thad » Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:07 pm

We have tried to offer a highly discounted membership to the Studios if they provide it for to new owners. There has been zero interest. We have also looked at ways of bringing in new owners as members and even considered the free membership approach. There are some real costs to it especially if there were to be 20,000 new owners.
-Thad Kirk
Near Philadelphia, PA
1965 Fiat 600D
1971 Fiat 850 Racer
1981 Fiat Spider 2000
1984 Pininfarina Azzurra
2012 Fiat 500 Prima Edizione #100

grittracing

Post by grittracing » Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:36 pm

if it wasnt for me working for Ford and seeing how stupid they can be with money sometimes i would see why a auto maker wouldnt spend $35 or even better a discounted membership price. To get their customers excited about owner pride. One would think that i a person buoght a new car hung out with people with the same car made friend or even started a family from a club. That they would be 74% more likely to buy the same brand. I can understand the club not having the funds for such a task. But Fiat ? Even if the raised the price of the car $35 the customer wouldnt even feel it.

Well matybe the pres. And Vs pres. Can talk to their local Fiat dealer about handing out either a rimcambi or at least a copy of the membership order form or a card with the email to Flu .org
1980 Fiat spider
1966 ford f-100

Thad
FLU Board of Directors

Post by Thad » Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:02 pm

in May we did a mass mailing of boxes of Ricambis for that exact purpose to the dealers who were open or would soon be open. There were something like 5000 copies distributed.
-Thad Kirk
Near Philadelphia, PA
1965 Fiat 600D
1971 Fiat 850 Racer
1981 Fiat Spider 2000
1984 Pininfarina Azzurra
2012 Fiat 500 Prima Edizione #100

F500

Post by F500 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:16 pm

maybe our thinking has been misdirected: contacting the Studios to pass out FLU's info to new owners.

with Laura Soave so involved with the FFO the past two years, and FLU having a 'foot in the door' with her, maybe the powers that be (Thad?) can get in contact with her office and see if FIAT is interested in helping FLU.

not only would FLU possibly gain membership but FIAT may get an opportunity to get an existing member of FLU to become a new 500 owner.

really no expense to speak of for FIAT to help promote FLU and vice-versa. win-win as I see it.

just curious, anyone know exactly how many current FLU members DO own a new 500?
Verde Chiaro 500 Sport w/6sp, C&C Pkg, TomTom Nav, OE Door Sill Plates and Chrome Gas Cap, Dark Tint and Lounge Leather Shift Knob.