500 rentals in North America

Come here to talk about the new 500 !
ckeen74

500 rentals in North America

Post by ckeen74 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:35 pm

Not sure if anyone else has posted this in another forum, but probably thanks to the Chrysler connection, 500s are sneaking into rental fleets.

1) Seattle: My wife booked a Nissan Versa or similar with Alamo in June, and was offered "something like a Smart car but ugly" (wtf). She walked out and found a 500, and took it on the spot.

2) Montreal: We're going on vacation in a few weeks, and I found a specific class on the Budget site called Chrys. Fiat 500. Cost a bit more than a regular compact, but with any luck I'll get one (since rental companies are always slippery about guaranteeing cars).

If you've got any tips on how to secure one of these as your rental (other than the usual call the branch ahead of time), let me know.
Chris Keen
'77 Alfa Spider | '78 Lancia Beta Berlina (sold) | '79 Alfa Alfetta GT

F500

Post by F500 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:07 pm

I understand that Enterprise has a fleet of FIAT's. nice to know for anyone wanting to drive one for a weekend or longer before making a decision on if its the car for them.
Verde Chiaro 500 Sport w/6sp, C&C Pkg, TomTom Nav, OE Door Sill Plates and Chrome Gas Cap, Dark Tint and Lounge Leather Shift Knob.