Brake Caliper rebuild on '87 X

Talk everything technical and new 500 here!
dallarabertone

Brake Caliper rebuild on '87 X

Post by dallarabertone » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:24 pm

Hey guys,

I have to do a brake caliper rebuild on my X this weekend, as it is pulling to the right during braking.

I bought the kits from Midwest Bayless, and I'm wondering if any of you have any suggestions, tips, hints, etc; that might come in handy during my saturday morning endeavor. I also bought myself a brake cylinder hone and some emery cloth, so I have that aspect covered.

Thanks!
Justin Stacey - WNYSO
'87 Bertone

F500

Re: Brake Caliper rebuild on '87 X

Post by F500 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:37 pm

dallarabertone wrote:Hey guys,

I have to do a brake caliper rebuild on my X this weekend, as it is pulling to the right during braking.

I bought the kits from Midwest Bayless, and I'm wondering if any of you have any suggestions, tips, hints, etc; that might come in handy during my saturday morning endeavor. I also bought myself a brake cylinder hone and some emery cloth, so I have that aspect covered.

Thanks!
might ask the moderators to move your thread. this was started for "Tech" topics for the new 500. probably why there are over 170 'views' and no responses.

oops...nevermind. just saw his post was from LAST YEAR. sorry, my bad. :(
Verde Chiaro 500 Sport w/6sp, C&C Pkg, TomTom Nav, OE Door Sill Plates and Chrome Gas Cap, Dark Tint and Lounge Leather Shift Knob.