FLU Brown Wire Surgery Center

Tech chat w/ Marc Matzer
Marc

FLU Brown Wire Surgery Center

Post by Marc » Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:03 am

In general,at this point in time we are dealing with very old wiring on Fiat and Lancias ...Many wiring systems on most of our cars have been upgraded depending on the level of restoration.In order to try and help fellow members with their electrical issues Please leave posts on any problem areas you have. have repaired, are aware of a fix, or improved on ...

Example : I improved my headlights by running grounds into the engine compartment instead of using the stock gound on the corroded headlight bucket in my 77'124 spider...or I ran a new ground strap from point A to point B...I put a bigger amp alternator in my x 1/9 etc...how do I know when my spider coil to distibutor pick-up cable is about to self destruct?
Or my clutch cable is red hot and I smell smoke,what should I do?Fiatisti are master electricians by nature... and the FLU Brown Wire Surgery Center can help you...

mbouse

Post by mbouse » Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:30 am

i wrote a little article on brown wire fix and on the round hazard switch fix/repair.

is that the kinda thing you are looking for? if yes, where would you like those articles to appear?
Mike Bouse
WEST MICHIGAN FLU Treasurer
FLU Board of Directors
1978 Fiat Spider mostly stock
1980 Fiat Spider modified
mbouse2000@gmail.com
Home of the Michigan SHORTER SHIFTER