Hello!

Introduce yourself to the group!

Moderator: KevinB

Hello!

Postby srsanfor » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:28 pm

Hello. I live in Port Orange, Florida, a "suburb" of Daytona Beach. I have a 2012 Sport that I bought in August 2011 from Fiat of Daytona. I loved it at first sight because of the unique (at the time) 2 tone (black and grey) color scheme. My car arrived as grey and the dealer himself had the upper half done in black. It also has darker tinted windows. I decided to try to make it solo eligible in SCCA so made some additions and modifications as follows: cold air intake, "cat back" exhaust, rear sway bar, front strut, "Ciao" brand super light weight wheels, and lowering it by 1 1/4 inches. It sounds great and the handling is a lot of fun. I am going to try to attach a picture. I also did some cosmetic adds and/or changes, such as the chrome fuel door, chrome mirror caps, door sills, a few other small things. It is my primary "driver" and has just over 74000 miles. It is running great and has had only one significant issue which I would like to know if anyone else has experienced. Shortly after purchase, it began misfiring in one cylinder when cold and after much research, trial and error attempts, etc. the dealership's Fiat tech noticed that the coolant level looked a little too low. They found a small amount of coolant in one cylinder, replaced both the gasket and the head itself; and it has run beautifully ever since. I will most likely keep it for quite some time; but also consider buying a 500X. I like it!
Attachments
photo (21).JPG
srsanfor

Re: Hello!

Postby IA-MIke » Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:57 pm

Greetings and welcome to the forum. Great looking car.
In the Garage:
yr/model a/k/a
'52 Topolino. un-named
'59 600, Clown Car
'63 600, un-named ABARTH conversion needs full restore
'68 124 spider, un-named
'75 124 spider, CB1 (cherry bomb 1)
'79 X1/9 un-named
Put to rest:
'76 X1/9
'75 X1/9
'74 124 spider Punkin (the car that started it all in 1986)
IA-MIke

Return to Introductions