Early Fiat Spider front turn signal lights

Introduce yourself to the group!

Moderator: KevinB

Early Fiat Spider front turn signal lights

Postby mymoggie » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:29 pm

[code][/code]
New to the forum, so bear with me.
I have an 82 Fiat Spider and am changing the bumpers to early style one piece front, split rear.
What I need to know is if there is a suitable generic front turn signal light assembly that can be fitted now that bumper mounted lights will no longer be present. New ones seem to be unavailable and used prices are through the roof.
Any suggestions?
mymoggie
mymoggie

Re: Early Fiat Spider front turn signal lights

Postby pdxgeo » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:33 am

this topic has been discussed a few times on Fiatspider.com You might be able to see pics of others' solutions. Allison Automotive sells a kit for bumperless cars but if youre adding early style bumpers you'll need to go a different route. They also sell headlights with turn signals integrated. I think some folks have used Harley lights in creative ways.

Best of luck.
pdxgeo

Re: Early Fiat Spider front turn signal lights

Postby snakeoilii » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:43 pm

Hello mymoggie,
I am also new to this club and forum. I am also doing (starting anyway) to do the Harrington bumper conversion on my 1982 Spider 2000. I didn't get to the signal light issue yet but like some mentioned there are headlights on Ebay that incorporate signals. Some have the amber section across the bottom of the headlight and others have an led strip that's not as noticeable. I prefer a more vintage separate light myself but have not gotten that far yet. My question is (HELP), is there anyway of getting the left rear bumper shock absorber bolt out without removing the gas tank ??

Thank you,
snakeoilii
Finally got a 2 seater convertable !!
snakeoilii

Return to Introductions