Hello from Miami, FL

Introduce yourself to the group!

Moderator: KevinB

Hello from Miami, FL

Postby slaponte » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:53 am

Hi. My name is Sergio and I am also a Fiat addict.

Well, not so much an addict, I guess many here qualify much more than I do. I currently own my first X1/9. Been lusting for one for 30 years and finally got to have one.

Lets see. Growing up in Spain, one of my first cars to drive was an old Seat (same as the 500 I believe). Yeah, that long ago. Moving forward, back in Puerto Rico used to drive in friends 128s and my GF had a 131. But none mine. Once around 1985 I helped another friend fix a heater core on an X1/9 (not an easy job). I got to drive the car for one whole day!

Jump forward to 1989, when I got to California and ran into a 1968 850 Spyder. Cool little car, got it running, but then my brother got a hold of it and killed the engine pushing it too hard I would guess. Silly me sold it instead of keeping it.

So now, in Miami, years (and cars) later, I ran into this 82 X1/9 and back at it again. I got it last year (or the one before), its been sitting int he garage a lot but just finally got it running and working on minor issues like brakes and suspension. :)

BTW, fluent in Spanish, have been reading up on 128s down in Argentina, let me know if I can help out to get any parts or stuff translated. Have a contact down there that builds headers on request (and cheap). Always willing to lend a hand on cars (ex of VWs, Fords, Nissans, Datsuns, etc) or PCs.

So, are there ANY events in Florida for Fiats????? Oregon is kind of far away.

Sergio :D
82 Fiat X1/9 1.5L FI 5MT (FLU#3366)
84 Nissan 300ZX 3.0L FI Turbo 5MT 50th AE
98 Ford Expedition XLT 4.6L FI
03 Nissan 350Z 3.5L FI 6MT
07 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom
slaponte

Postby Denise » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:00 am

Welcome Sergio! I don't know if there are any events in FL, but there is one in North Carolina at the end of June....and that's only a 12 hour drive from Miami! :D
Denise

Postby mbouse » Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:55 am

welcome, sergio. sounds like you have the 'FLU bug'

you should get in touch with Richard Wagner concerning activity in the state of Florida. He is trying to revive the chapter there, and would sincerely love to hear from you.

send me an email, and i will put you in touch with him.
Mike Bouse
WEST MICHIGAN FLU Treasurer
FLU Board of Directors
1978 Fiat Spider mostly stock
1980 Fiat Spider modified
mbouse2000@gmail.com
Home of the Michigan SHORTER SHIFTER
mbouse

Postby Vagone » Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:14 am

Sergio - i just came across this post! I don't believe I heard form you since this post. Please feel free to contact me. There have been several shows the past few months, the most recent was last week in Clearwater. There is an annual show in Ft Lauderdale for Italian cars. We have several shows in Central Florida coming up as well, and there's Amelia Island in March. Winter and Spring are very busy for Florida shows and races!

Please let me know if you need any assistance with your X-1/9. I had one for many years, and have done everything from clutch replacement, to suspension modifications, engine work, brake rebuilds, etc.

Richard Wagner
-Vagone

'71 Fiat Spyder (+72 parts car)
'77 Lancia Scorpion #1645
'84 Alfa GTV-6 Maratona
'94 Subaru SVX (+91 parts car)
'06 Volvo XC90 V8 Ocean Race #563/800
Vagone

Re: Hello from Czech Republic

Postby poprman » Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:35 pm

My name is Roman Pop and I am from Czech Republic.

I am big fan of Italian cars and above all Fiat X1/9 from Bertone.

My Icsunonove I bought after revolution in 1992 and still got it.
The car was crashed but I repaired it myself.

I am looking for new friends and fans of these cars.
Because I am original profession a body builder for cars,
I am interested in how You (for example), looking for a replacement parts and how this car repairing.
I'm an older guy I was born in 1972 and therefore just learning English.
In the new work also need English, so I would try to communicate with someone who has the same hobby.

I am first trying to communicate through any forum :-)
Google is my helper.

Regards Poprman
poprman

Return to Introductions