New 124 Spider

X1/9 , 124 Coupe or Spider, 128, 131, or whatever your Fiat passion is. Talk about it here.

New 124 Spider

Post by MrFiat » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:20 pm

:dontknow: Not sure where this should be posted within this Forum's topics, so please feel free to re-direct me...

Looking for comments/thoughts/opinions on the new Spider.

At the risk, and probability, of offending some, I'll offer mine here, from my long term perspective, (having owned many Fiats since my first 124 Spider purchased new in 1969), and this won't take long.......

It's ugly, a cross breeding of Miata and Barchetta - with a replica 124 Spider grill thrown in. Any mechanical considerations aside, is this "styling" the best Fiat - Chrysler could come up with...?? Did no one in house happen to notice the absolutely stunning Pf Concept Car back around 2012? That is what this car should have been... In stead, we get a hodge podge of styling cliche's piled together into another nondescript car that will likely sell below expectations, be discontinued in a few short years, and soon forgotten.

On the other hand, it is a Fiat, at least in name, so I may just want one...!

Ken B. (Disclaimer: The "original" MrFiat : :? Not the one of commercial enterprise.)

Re: New 124 Spider

Post by daled » Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:48 pm

why don't you tell us what you really think?...

I tend to agree...
The styling is hacked (but then again most current car styles are)
It will be as boring as my Miata....(and its supercharged)
It's going to cost more, and be released after the Miata, so by-by market...

but in the now has a front mounted longitudinal variant of the multi air motor, hope fully a front engine rear drive sport coupe will come along some day...
71' 850 with (1.8L)
58? abarth 750
81' 124 (3.0L)