Lancia Limited

Scorp, Beta, Fulvia, Stratos, or ... Talk about your Lancia with other folks here.

Moderator: KevinB

Lancia Limited

Postby 1,6 HF » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:30 pm

What's the future of Lancia here now that it's no longer unlimited?
Ed
1970 Fulvia 1,6 HF
1,6 HF

Re: Lancia Limited

Postby 1,6 HF » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:16 am

Yeah--that's pretty much what I suspected.
Ed
1970 Fulvia 1,6 HF
1,6 HF

Postby Chris Layton » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:36 am

Personally I would like to see Lancia have a home here (including the club name) but I am just that geeky web forum guy. If the main club doesnt adopt a formal Lancia in the name you will always have a forum and would be glad to slice up more space for Lancias here if you think they need it.
Chris Layton (Forum Admin)
2012 Subaru Imprezza (Kid Transporter)
2005 Toyota MR2
2007 Lotus Elise
1981 124 Spider
1972 124 Spider (In pieces all across TN)
Chris Layton
Forum Admin

Postby 1,6 HF » Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:05 pm

Chris,

Thanks; I appreciate your thoughts. Unfortunately, the response suggests that it's pretty much a lost cause.
Ed
1970 Fulvia 1,6 HF
1,6 HF

Postby Chris Layton » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:24 pm

You could request a chat session with the board ...I know some of them are not on the forums that often. At least "air your grievances". I know if I had a Lancia (and trust me if I had space I would as they are sexy!) I might say something :)

If I can help support the cause let me know :) I would be glad to host web/forums if needed.
Chris Layton (Forum Admin)
2012 Subaru Imprezza (Kid Transporter)
2005 Toyota MR2
2007 Lotus Elise
1981 124 Spider
1972 124 Spider (In pieces all across TN)
Chris Layton
Forum Admin

Postby racydave » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:32 am

On the local level, here in central Indiana, are a Italian car club. We may need to define the name sports cars in the future. We are dedicated to our older steeds. Our new members with their 500's fit in well, and seem to appreciate the history of the Italian cars. We have Lancia's and even a Yugo. 8)
1979 spider 2000
racydave

Postby 1,6 HF » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:04 pm

I think the "Fiat Club" change exactly reflects Fiat Group's branding efforts. The embrace of a manufacturer comes with tremendous benefits to any club, but also with equally large constraints. Frankly, the writing's been on the wall since the 500 intro at FreakOut (I suspect the name "FreakOut" is going to be constrained at some point, too). Good luck with all that.
Ed
1970 Fulvia 1,6 HF
1,6 HF

Postby OperaHawk » Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:07 am

That's what LANCISTI is for! :P

I can understand the reasoning behind the club's choice (better affiliation with the manufacturer, more 500s on the road, build a strong club for them, Lancia won't ever come back the States, etc.), but I still don't care for it. We've become the red-headed stepchild of the club...

...which is fine with me! I used to be a Shelby/Dodge guy, and how do you think the Mustang and Cobra owners felt when this guy drove up in a GLH? :P

I love my Zagato, wouldn't trade it for the world (although I'd love to get a 500L), and it's great to have something you rarely see on the road. In fact, the only time I've seen two Zagatos (Zagati?)together is when I owned both of them!

SBJ
'81 Lancia Zagato Special Edition - 'Fenice'
'07 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited - 'Shiny'
'10 Nissan Sentra - 'Fred'

Vice President - I-FLU (Fiat Lancia Unlimited - Iowa Chapter)
OperaHawk

Postby 1,6 HF » Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:16 am

Well, sure--this wasn't ever an important Lancia forum. So it's not like feeling disinvited will disrupt anyone's online habits much. But the way it was done still leaves a bad taste Burning bridges is rarely a brilliant strategy, but burning them for no reason seems callous and short-sighted.
Ed
1970 Fulvia 1,6 HF
1,6 HF

Postby vivalancia » Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:32 pm

I'm a solid Lancia guy (although I do appreciate other cars including Fiats). I feel the same disappointment about both the apparent decision by Fiat not to import the Lancia marque to the States and about the club abandoning the FLU name although I can understand the reasoning. In the UK a Lancia has been introduced with a Chrysler badge - also not clever marketing in my book but they didn't ask me.

Lancia cars are still a great drive and I intend to keep mine active.

Note to operahawk: I see you have a 1981 Special Edition Zagato. I have one too - there were apparently only a few imported according to an article in Hemmings Sports & Exotics - the article says only four.
vivalancia

Postby Prorallycodriver » Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:47 pm

I was once active w/ FLU w/ my Lancias. Did Freakouts in Poughkeepsie, Canaan Valley WV, Fontana NC/TN a couple times, .... Took a break several years becuz racing :shift:

Came back for Freakout in Charlottesville/Wintergreen and the other Lancia owners there said Lancias weren't even being judged in concours. There were 4 there so certainly enough to be included.

Was at the Pittsburgh Vintage GP and Italian Car Cortile again this year because have been going for years as crew for vintage Italian racecars and am a Cortile media person. Freakout was there so was great chance to see some old friends. :hal:

Twice I went to the showfield and was asked by Fiat Corporate goonies to move and be quiet because they were shooting a Fiat video. Wondering whose 'club' this really is.
Prorallycodriver

Return to Lancia Chat