Another New Lancia

Scorp, Beta, Fulvia, Stratos, or ... Talk about your Lancia with other folks here.

Moderator: KevinB

Another New Lancia

Postby SirLancialot » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:38 pm

Hello folks, just passing along that I recently purchased a 1977 Beta HPE, that I really look forward to bringing back to life. Certainly not as hot as the previous posted new ride, but oh well! It was sitting outside for at least 5 years with the prior owner, likely a lot more before that, so the paint is mostly rusted off on top and crazed everywhere else. It's the first Italian car I ever examined up close (and never in my wildest dreams considered buying one), but after a glance at the amazing saddle interior and trick design, wouldn't ya know I got sucked right in and HAD to have this car! :D Yep, it's moldy but very much intact. I sure didn't need another project, so now I'm rushing to finish 2 other cars at the same time (daily driver quality only) before I get to this car. Plan to post some pics shortly, and will surely have some questions for the forum. I'm really stoked!

Roland

77 Lancia Beta HPE
76 Mercury Capri (x2)
77 Pontiac Ventura
SirLancialot

Re: Another New Lancia

Postby 1,6 HF » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:25 pm

Roland,

Congratulations! I've had three Beta Coupés, which is essentially the short-wheelbase version of the HPE. And my '75 had the same interior that yours has, with the almost anthropomorphic seats. They're great drivers. Good luck with yours.
Ed
1970 Fulvia 1,6 HF
1,6 HF

Postby SirLancialot » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:43 pm

Thanks, I look forward to seeing how this car will handle. Currently it doesn't appear to be getting any fuel to the carb, but it did keep running as long as gas was dripped into it.

As promised, here are a couple of 'before' photos, almost in the exact condition as I found it. Other than removing the moldy sunvisors, floormats, and a box of parts from Bayless, I've just sprayed some Lysol into it. And there's one pic of the car after its first wash in god knows how many years.

Stay tuned! Hope these pics come thru properly...
IMG_4970c.JPG
Taking delivery!
Attachments
IMG_5084c.JPG
After a good scrubbing... the actual color reveals itself
P1180760m.JPG
Waiting it's turn for restoration
P1180752.JPG
Pacific Northwest moss
P1180731.JPG
Surface rust, snout damage
IMG_4976.JPG
IMG_4977.JPG
SirLancialot

Postby 1,6 HF » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:34 am

SirLancialot wrote:... Currently it doesn't appear to be getting any fuel to the carb, but it did keep running as long as gas was dripped into it. ...

Sounds like a classic sign of the filter sock in the gas tank being clogged with rust and /or sludge. In addition to this forum, you may want to check out Lancisti.net; there are a number of Beta guys there.

Anyway, it looks very solid. That interior is exactly the same as my '75 Coupé, except I had manual windows (and no speakers in the doors). And on mine I replaced the huge ashtray with a radio.
Ed
1970 Fulvia 1,6 HF
1,6 HF

Return to Lancia Chat