Lancia Beta ID Plate

Scorp, Beta, Fulvia, Stratos, or ... Talk about your Lancia with other folks here.

Moderator: KevinB

Lancia Beta ID Plate

Postby freddie » Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:35 pm

I bought my 77 Lancia Beta a few years ago but it did'nt have the original ID plate on it.

This caused endless problems in getting it re registered in another state.
I was told that it is possible to get a replacement ID plate presumably with the identical markings of the vehicle as manufactured.

Does anyone know if this needs to be sourced from Lancia Italy or is it possible to get one from one of the parts suppliers. I know that they are available for the Alfa 105 Series from the UK.

Any other options to get a plate on this car ?.
77 Lancia Beta Coupe 2000
1984 Pininfarina Spider 2000
freddie

Beta vehicle identification number

Postby chazjeffries » Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:31 pm

I don't know if this applies to an Aussie Beta,but my 75 USA spec. Beta Coupe has the VIN available in two places.First is the small plate on the left side of the dash (in the corner) and visible through the windshield. Second,the VIN is also stamped into the sheet metal of the ventilation cowl on the right side,just under the right hood vent,and just above the water drain hole for the cowl. If the stamped VIN is present,a pencil etching of the VIN or a photo may be acceptable. I had to get an etching of the VIN in the cowl to acquire a vehicle registration here in good old Pennsylvania. The small plate on top of the dash was impossible to get at with paper and pencil. Hope that helps!
chazjeffries

Postby freddie » Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:03 pm

In Ausralia we do not have the small ID plate on the inside of the window. My vehicle does however have the VIN stamped on the cowl as you suggested. it's just thst the ID plate & the Aust compliance plate are both missing. I'd just like to get another ID plate to complete the offical requirements so that I don't have to go thru the previous excerise again & also make it easier for the next buyer.

Hey Chaz, my Beta is also Blue - for me, the nicest color for the Bata. I love the an seats you have - a perfect combo. Mine is virtually identical except for the bumpers which are stainless.

Thanks for the info.
77 Lancia Beta Coupe 2000
1984 Pininfarina Spider 2000
freddie

Postby chazjeffries » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:49 pm

Freddie,
Good luck finding the ID plate for your Beta.And thanks for the compliments on my Beta.I agree,blue Betas look great.But I sure wish I had a pair of those stainless steel bumpers you mentioned! I have seen photos of Australian and European Betas with those sweet little bumpers.The European bumpers look so much better!! Unfortunately 1975 was the fist year for Beta Coupes in the USA,and also the first year the US Feds required the (ugly) 5mph impact bumpers on most imported cars. :cry: I have always wondered if I could swap out these clunky looking US bumpers for the clean looking Euro spec. bumpers.But even if the swap is possible,getting a pair of complete bumpers shipped from overseas would most likely be too expensive.
chazjeffries

Return to Lancia Chat