Alquati air box help

Scorp, Beta, Fulvia, Stratos, or ... Talk about your Lancia with other folks here.

Moderator: KevinB

Alquati air box help

Postby Kevin1 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:01 am

I have a question regarding the air intake on a '76 Scorpion. This car was converted to dual DCNF's, and it has an Alquati air box. This air box is a rectangular looking unit with a 2.75" inlet on the left end, and two smaller 1" tube shaped inlets on the face of it. Anyone familiar with this setup? As it sits there is no air filtration. The stock air filter is in place, but the flex tube connecting it to the larger inlet is at least 1/2" bigger than the neck on the airbox, so there is no seal between the two. In addition, the two smaller inlets are open to the air with no filters of any kind on them.

Would you have any idea if:

A. This Alquati box is any good to start with.
B. If so, what type of filters were used with it?
C. Would I be better off getting two individual filters to fit each carburetor instead, maybe like these??

Thanks!
Kevin Rich
1980 Spider 2000
1962 Austin Healey Sebring
1976 Lancia Scorpion (SOLD)
Kevin1

Postby allenlofland » Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:36 pm

Monty Hospital has the best set up that uses the original filter with a box that fits the carbs. Look it up on their web site .
Allen & Lynette Lofland
Wichita Kansas
Back on Land with Our Fiat :)
allenlofland

Postby Kevin1 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:13 pm

Thanks, Allen, I looked at their setup and now realize that maybe the air filter I have isn't the original after all. They show the stock air filter box located straight across the engine from the carbs, mounted toward the rear of the vehicle near the passenger side taillight.

Mine is located to the left of the engine, just behind the driver's seat, mounted to the left rear wheel well. The air box, flex hose and air filter are all lined up along the firewall.

Not sure what I have here. Maybe a picture would help?
Kevin Rich
1980 Spider 2000
Kevin1

Postby allenlofland » Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:22 pm

NO, :whatthehell: that is the difference between UK and US yours is stock
I got a picture but I cannt find a 12 year old to post it here. Send me your email and I will send you a shot of it.
allen@lofland.net
Allen & Lynette Lofland
Wichita Kansas
Back on Land with Our Fiat :)
allenlofland

Postby Kevin1 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:27 pm

allenlofland wrote:NO, :whatthehell: that is the difference between UK and US yours is stock
I got a picture but I cannt find a 12 year old to post it here. Send me your email and I will send you a shot of it.
allen@lofland.net

Message sent!
Kevin Rich
1980 Spider 2000
Kevin1

Return to Lancia Chat