What Lancias have owners got ?

Scorp, Beta, Fulvia, Stratos, or ... Talk about your Lancia with other folks here.

Moderator: KevinB

What Lancias have owners got ?

Postby Stuartl » Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:00 pm

Ok as Lancia is very close to my heart I'll jump in and start a thread. I own an integrale evolution and I find it to be the quickest point to point cross country car I have ever sat in. It really is a road going rally car. What do you own.
Last edited by Stuartl on Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stuartl

Postby rpconlon » Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:07 pm

Stuart:
In the Midwest US we have a Beta Zagato, Fulvia Zagato, Flaminia, Scorpions(Montecarlo) and nothing new.

Cheers
Ron
Ron Conlon
2016 Fiat 500 Sport
Ottawa, Ontario
Canada
rpconlon

Postby Chris Layton » Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:43 pm

Yes, sadly, most of the nice Lancias made in the past few years never made it to our shores. I dont own one now but do have a older Fulvia on my "to own in my lifetime" list. The lines on that car are so beautiful!
Chris Layton (Forum Admin)
2012 Subaru Imprezza (Kid Transporter)
2005 Toyota MR2
2007 Lotus Elise
1981 124 Spider
1972 124 Spider (In pieces all across TN)
Chris Layton
Forum Admin

Postby euroauto » Thu Jan 12, 2006 5:43 pm

Hey Stu
I had a 1978 Beta And a 1988 Delta integrale 8V, both sold now.I am saving my pennies for when I can import an Evo (15 year rule for Canada)

Joseph
euroauto

Postby Stuartl » Sun Jan 15, 2006 2:33 pm

Hi Joseph. Believe me you will never regret owning an Evo. They are a very special car indeed. I'm on my 3rd one now and I intend to keep it for a very long time. :thumbright:
Stuartl

Postby BetaMark » Sun Jan 22, 2006 1:04 am

Hi, I live in Montana USA and own a 1977 Beta HPE. Drive it almost every day. Much better mileage than my Chevrolet PU.
Lancia in Montana
BetaMark

Postby John Ovington » Sun Jan 22, 2006 6:46 pm

Hey Stuart,

Along with a pile o'Fiats, we now have a '76 Scorpion to care for and feed (seen here: http://www.ovingtonpaint.com/fiat/id17.html). Funny how you get a car and then you meet all sorts of folks who have 'em too, like they were completely invisible before. I've met at least 3 other Scorp owners in my area and a friend in our local club dumped his Matra for an HPE.

John O.
John Ovington

Postby allenlofland » Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:06 am

77 Scorpion and 82 Zagato also 78 Fiat spider. All restored and ready for service. Lyn and I like to use our cars :) However, since moving aboard the boat in September we have had to reduce our usage to the White Zagato and have put the Spider and Scorpion in storage :( miss those cars haha.
Maybe we will pull one out for MOFLO this year :)
Allen & Lynette Lofland
Wichita Kansas
Back on Land with Our Fiat :)
allenlofland

Postby JohnMontgomery » Sat Feb 11, 2006 8:49 pm

Hi Stuart,
I have an 1982 Lancia Beta HPE Euro version, 2000ie fuel injected with the 9.2:1 high compression motor. It is the only one in North America that I know of. Perhaps this car is mainstream in the UK, but it has 122 HP, the same as the Fiat Turbo Spider here in the states.
The car is light blue metallic and has the lightweight euro bumpers, no door beams and no pollution controls and straight thru exhaust. Ah to be free! It also has Carello euro headlights, cool amber side marker lights and euro license plate lights. The car is very roomy and very fast for a 2 liter. It spins up to redline so fast you have to be careful not to over rev it because it will just keep going.
Top speed is 125 MPH, I guess that's about 200KMH. It also has self leveling headlights, automatic oil checking from a dashboard pushbutton.
The car has 110,000 KM and has always been stored so it's in near perfect original condition with original paint and perfect cloth interior. I drove it a little last weekend and it looks and runs great.
I don't think it has a lightened flywheel, but the car is a rocket from about 4000 RPM up to redline. The cool thing to do is to be on the highway here in the USA, running about 70 MPH then putting down the throttle. Then all hell breaks loose compared to other cars.
From there at 70 MPH the car just takes off like a scalded dog up to it's top speed, gobbling up asphalt and passing other cars like it's posessed by a demon.
It's so much fun to show other cars what the back of a HPE looks like. Especially if you are matching their speed and then suddenly let the hammer down in an open passing lane. Of course virtually no one over here knows what is anyway. Catch me if you can and perhaps then I'll explain.
John Montgomery
Greenville, SC
FLU President
2012 Fiat 500 Prima Edizione #77 of 500
1986 Bertone X 1/9
1994 Audi A6 Sedan
2002 Mercury Cougar V6
1974 AMC Ambassador
Go-Ped Motor Scooter (150 MPG)
2008 Cub Cadet i1046 Zero Turn Tractor
JohnMontgomery
FLU President

Postby Guest » Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:40 am

Stuart,

My friend Jim Salerno still has his 82 Zagato he bought from original owner in 1984.

He talked me into listing it on ebay yesterday for him as his daughter is now driving her grandmother's Ford Explorer and driveway out of spaces with his Wife's SUV and his Milano plus Maserati Merak, Afla GTV in garage. Pictures on eBay.

I don't know where my password is right now but wanted to leave this link for Jim Salerno's Lancia Zagato Ebay listing we put on eBay today:

Click here: eBay Motors: Lancia : Beta (item 4612743710 end time Feb-18-06 14:42:23 PST)

Ciao, Alfisto Steve

I will try to post it in classifieds when I find my password located at an undisclosed location.

Postby Guest » Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:50 am

I will also post link to pictures of my son David's 76 Scorpion he no longer owns he traded it for a hard tail Harley show bike sometime ago. New owner also has it in storage at an another undisclosed location.

Alfisto Steve

Also, if you guys know JJ aka Jim Davey, a Fiat friend of mine and Jim Scurria, he has his Scorpion repainted red and in storage, too but I know where.

My old black 81 Beta coupe donated its engine for the rebuild that Jim S. now has in his 82 Beta. We had a Pizza party year or so ago and stripped body to parade rest and sent remains to crusher.

Postby Apex » Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:10 am

euroauto wrote:Hey Stu
I had a 1978 Beta And a 1988 Delta integrale 8V, both sold now.I am saving my pennies for when I can import an Evo (15 year rule for Canada)

Joseph

Hi, new here...

I noticed you had an Integrale, and I have a small question. I'm having a bit of a hard time getting insurance, mainly because the insurance companies can't run the VIN. How did you have it insured?

Thanks for your time. ;)
Apex

Postby euroauto » Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:18 am

It wasn't an issue. Because the car was not in my insurance brokers 'system', I had to have the car professionally appraised. The appraiser had no figures on these cars so I 'told' him what I had into it and what it was worth. With this I got the car insured and licensed.
Joseph
Fiat 131 Abarth replica
Fiat Ritmo Abarth 130TC
Fiat 124 AC coupe
Alfa 33 QV

Positive Displacement Centrifical Pump
euroauto

Postby Apex » Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:40 am

euroauto wrote:It wasn't an issue. Because the car was not in my insurance brokers 'system', I had to have the car professionally appraised. The appraiser had no figures on these cars so I 'told' him what I had into it and what it was worth. With this I got the car insured and licensed.

Thanks for the fast reply... :)

Any recommendations for a broker? I seem to be having bad luck... :(

Also, any recommendations for an appraiser?
Apex

I needed appraisals too but no problem finding insurer

Postby cstorry » Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:42 pm

Hi Apex,

I used a local appraiser (Leidecker Appraisal) if you want to come to Ottawa and ING insurance. I needed the same approach even for my Pinin spiders due to their age.

But my special cases also required appraisals; 1980 Lancia Montecarlo Series 2 (hardtop) and 1985 Pininfarina Spidereuropa Volumex both imports from Europe.

Love that 15 year rule : )

Chuck
Ottawa, Ont
cstorry

Next

Return to Lancia Chat