What Lancias have owners got ?

Scorp, Beta, Fulvia, Stratos, or ... Talk about your Lancia with other folks here.

Moderator: KevinB

Re: I needed appraisals too but no problem finding insurer

Postby Apex » Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:33 am

cstorry wrote:Hi Apex,

I used a local appraiser (Leidecker Appraisal) if you want to come to Ottawa and ING insurance. I needed the same approach even for my Pinin spiders due to their age.

But my special cases also required appraisals; 1980 Lancia Montecarlo Series 2 (hardtop) and 1985 Pininfarina Spidereuropa Volumex both imports from Europe.

Love that 15 year rule : )

Chuck
Ottawa, Ont

Thanks for the reply... :)

ING Insurance sells directly, or does it have to go through a broker ( I couldn't find a direct link, so I guess broker only )?

Any appraiser will do? There's a guy that does appraisals locally, but he does mostly older cars ( like classics ).
Apex

broker

Postby cstorry » Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:41 am

ING uses a broker. In Ottawa it's Rhodes and Williams. They have a Toronto office if that helps

Chuck
cstorry

Postby 67alloy » Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:40 pm

New guy here. Heard FLU was fun! Lancia'a are a lonely bunch nowadays.

75 Beta Saloon Series 1
67 Fulvia 1.3 Rallye
67alloy

Lancia Lubbers unite - comeon we're a good insurance risk...

Postby EricLancia » Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:26 am

Hi Stuart - good question
I could not resist it. Look and my screen name!
Anyway we are trying to start a FLU club in the west. I have some new friends with some great cars. There are impressive Fiats but precious few Lancias. Notable is a Flaminia and an Ardea, that I am still trying to get to that "undisclosed location" to see.

Speaking of insurance, also in this thread...My father and I just bought a '68 Fulvia GT saloon in IT. We'd like to drive it around over there a bit before just shipping it back. That is aparently hard to do. Geico international wants it taged in the US to insure, and Italian insurance companies do not insure unless you are an national and a resident. Anybody know an "amico" who can help us with this ?

Eric Lynn
Lancia Beta Zagato '82 (newest s/n in US?)
Lancia Beta Zagato (parts or project?)
Fulvia '75 Coupe (a runner but the body's a project)
other undisclosed Japan makes (for the wife and kids :blackeye: )
We are a regular driving club out in Phoenix where we drive the winter months because it's cool. We call this disease "The desert FLU"...

82 Lancia Zagato, 68 Lancia Fulvia Sedan, 75 Coupe Project
EricLancia

Postby 67alloy » Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:39 am

A couple of points:
Your choice of a Fulvia to do you touring was smart. They are really the only "old" car left on the road over there. Parts and service should be plentiful.

The bad news is that in my experience there is no way around the insurance issue. I inquired with a company that specializes in insuring cars abroad for the Mille Miglia, etc. The bottom line is that the cars have to be U.S. titled to be insured by a U.S. resident., as you have already stated. As you may also know, especially in Italy, the Carbinieri can pull you over for any reason-to check your documents, insurance, etc. That could turn out to be a real hassle.

Your planned adventure sounds great. If you have a good friend in the EU to take title of the car for you and insure it, it might work out. Otherwise I am not aware of any other plan. Good luck.

William Hall
67alloy

Postby Dedra Integrale » Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:48 pm

Hi Lancia-lovers,

I like to introduce myself to you to meet other people in the area or else in North America.
I come from the Netherlands and my first car was a Lancia Beta coupe 2.0.
I had other kind of cars like Citroen BX, Opel Kadet, Renault 19, Mercedes 190 and a Nissan Patrol but not to compare with Lancia.
I have owned 2 Thema's (Turbo and V6) Delta 1.6 HF turbo and Dedra 2.0 Turbo now finally my best car: Dedra HF Integrale 1992.
Not all cars were in good condition like the Thema Turbo and the Delta HF Turbo. In the Netherlands you can buy for less money a nice Lancia.
I have send my Dedra Integrale by boat to the USA and in a few weeks it will arrive. My car is in good condition because the engine is completely recovered. I wonder how it is to drive in the USA and Canada in my car.
I hope I will meet other people for advice or other help as I can help also other Lancia-lovers especially in the area Toronto ON.
Dedra Integrale

Does anybody know where it is?

Postby Guest » Sun Apr 02, 2006 5:19 pm

Although I do not own a Lancia I have many fond memories. But now specifically I am curious if I can locate the current owner(s) of the cars my father owned. His first Lancia was a 1960 black Appia sedan(lovely red leather interior) which was purchased for my sister to drive when she got her license. A few years later he found an orphan Aurelia sedan which had a most curious history .. it was puchased new in 1951 by ALCOA Corp for a test bed of aluminum as used in automobiles. They did some odd things to it ... like plating the interior door trim blue, yellow and pink! And then there was the 1964 Flaminia Touring 3c ... a delicious creation to my 16 yr old eyes! Ahhh... driving that italian was almost sinful.

Alas, my father's fascination with Lancia's eventually wained and he sold the lot ... I believe to a collector in Columbus, OH. So ... now I am curious if I can locate the collector or the cars. One point is that I found some dcoumentation/ manuals when clearing my father's effects. If I find the cars I might be motivated to dig these out to reunite them with thr\e car. and of course, driving taht italian beauty again would be very tempting!

Any ideas from anyone??
Rob

Postby rpconlon » Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:16 am

Rob:
My friend has two Flaminias and both were silver but only one is a coupe. Both are getting restored to show condition. Send me any numbers that might id the car and I can pass them on.

Cheers
Ron
Ron Conlon
2016 Fiat 500 Sport
Ottawa, Ontario
Canada
rpconlon

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 06, 2006 1:08 am

Just a bit of an update here. I got insurance already, my present insurance company gave me a bit of a surprise and insured it no problems... :D

But now I found out that the car has most liekly been sitting for a while ( dry rot in tires, and certain other rubber components :( ), so I'm getting paranoid about my cam belts. What's the recommended supplier for these ( supplying to Canada )

@ Dedra Integrale : Another Lancia owner in T.O. ? We should meet up sometime... ;)

Postby Apex » Thu Apr 06, 2006 1:08 am

Oops, soory , forgot to log in, that's me in the above post... ;)
Apex

Postby Dedra Integrale » Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:58 am

Maybe I have the information for you EricLancia to help you and other's to apply for insurence in Europe.
She helped me too to have insurenceover here in Canada and USA.
Just sent a email to her:

alessie@alessie.com
FAO: Mrs. Maria M. Alessie
Address:
Eliotplaats 174
3068 VL Rotterdam
Tel. +31-10-4555946
Fax. +31-10-4555948

Also I hope that the Lancia owners as Apex in Toronto ON can meet one day.
I missed the meeting of FIAt owners last week.
Dedra Integrale

Postby Guest » Sun Jun 25, 2006 3:50 pm

75 fulvia, being restored. Wonderful car although finding parts on these shores is few and far between!

Postby ackeye » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:10 am

Hi Guys

I have a 69 Fulvia 1.3 Rallye Sport, just starting a full engine rebuild.
Thankfully the body is almost 100% rust free, maybe in a year or two will do a full body strip/repaint.
Originaly from Scotland, previously owned an HPE and other Fulvia's.
Now living in Ontario (Canada) looking forward to meeting other Lancia enthusiasts.
ackeye

Postby 1,6 HF » Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:56 am

Another Fulvia--that's great. Good luck with the rebuild; I'm starting on one myself.
Ed
1970 Fulvia 1,6 HF
1,6 HF

Previous

Return to Lancia Chat